SQL BI Manager offers a simple architecture that runs in your SQL Server environment with minimal configuration. The web console allows you to easily access the status of your BI environment from any computer at any location without adding or modifying your native SQL Server files or services.
SQL BI Manager consists of the following components:
SQL BI Manager web console
The web console is a web application that provides multiple views that help you to:
- Monitor the availability, health, and status of your SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS services.
- Monitor the health and performance of the machines hosting your BI Service instances.
- Perform root cause analysis on poor performing SQL BI environments.
- Get an overview of the status and contents of your SQL BI environment (number of servers, BI instances, and licensing).
SQL BI Manager services
SQL BI Manager uses the following windows services:
- IDERA Web Server
- IDERA SQL BI Manager Collection Service
SQL BI Manager uses the Collection Service account to gather information from monitored BI instances and their host computers. To change this default setting, go to Edit Properties .
SQL BI Manager Repository
SQL BI Manager creates the following database on installation:
- IDERA SQL BI Manager Repository