The Job History tab lists chronologically all jobs events of your managed instances. SQL Enterprise Job Manager displays an entry each time a job runs.
You can use the View By drop-down options on the left side of this tab to specify if you want to view your job history by day, week, or month. Alternatively, you can use the calendar in Date to select a specific date for which you want to view your job history.
On this list you can see the following values:
- Status - Displays the status of each job event: failed, successful, retry, canceled, or unknown. Take into account that this is not the status of the job itself but of each event (every time the job runs).
- Date/Time - Displays the date and time of each job event, including the time zone.
- Duration - Shows the duration in hh:mm:ss of each job event (total duration of all steps executed for that job).
- Instance - Displays the name of the SQL Server instance where the job ran.
- Job Name - Shows the name of the respective job.
- Max Run Time - The maximum run time of a job step in the job event
- Avg Run Time - The average run time of job steps in the job event
- Message - Displays additional information of the job event: status, schedule used, the last step run, etc.
- The status of job events is represented with the following icons: Successful, Canceled, Failed, Retry, or Unknown.
- Click the more options icon to select the information you want to hide or show on the Job History view.
How can you export the information available on Job History?
To export the information displayed in the current view of the Job History tab, click the option Export on the top bar menu and select your required format: PDF, CSV, or XLS for exporting the information displayed.
How do you refresh the information available on the Job History tab?
Whenever there is new information to be updated on the Job History tab, theRefresh option (located on the top of this tab) becomes available so you can click and update it to the latest information.
Additionally, you can drill into any job event to see specific details about its steps. For more information on what is available when drilling into job events go to Viewing the steps of your job.
To learn how to order and filter the information on the Job History tab, go to Organizing and filtering your job history information.
What other options are available on the Job History tab?
Whenever you want to see your Task History, click this option located on the top right side of this view.