If you want to use the IDERA Dashboard in a clustered environment, you need to install this product in a stand-alone server first.
- Log on with an administrator account to the stand-alone server in which you want to install the IDERA Dashboard.
SQLCMInstall.EXEin the root of the installation kit.
- Review the information you need to start the installation and click Next.
- Review and accept the license agreement by selecting the I accept the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement checkbox.
Select the IDERA Dashboard setup type and click Next.
- Specify the location in which you want to install the IDERA Dashboard and click Next.
- Specify a SQL Server Instance and a form of authentication to create the IDERA Dashboard repository, and click Next.
- Type the appropriate credentials in the provided fields under which the IDERA services run, and click Next. IDERA uses this account to connect, discover, and gather configuration information from SQL Servers in your Business environment. The installer grants the "Log on as a Service" right to the account that you specify.
- Review the installation settings and click Install.
Once the IDERA Dashboard installation is complete, you can use it to register SQL Compliance Manager.
You can install SQL Compliance Manager and register the product with an existent IDERA Dashboard. For more information, see Deploying SQL Compliance Manager in a clustered environment.
If you install the IDERA Dashboard after installing SQL Compliance Manager in your clustered environment, you can register the product through the web console.
Registering SQL Compliance Manager with IDERA Dashboard allows users to access SQL Compliance Manager using a web browser.
- Log into the IDERA Dashboard using an administrator account.
- Go to Administration and select Manage Products.
- Click on Register a Product and specify:
- Product install location: select whether the product is installed locally or remotely.
- Host (Machine or IP address): type the cluster name where SQL Compliance Manager is located.
- Host User Name and password: type the cluster hosting SQL Compliance Manager credentials.
- Product: type SQLCM to register SQL Compliance Manager.
- Display Name: type a unique name under which the Dashboard will show SQL Compliance Manager.
- Port: specify the port number SQL Compliance Manager uses.
- User Name and password: type the credentials of a Dashboard administrator account.
- Click Register.
- Click Yes to confirm the registration of the product.
For more information about the IDERA Dashboard configuration, see Manage the IDERA Dashboard.