Configure your email settings
To configure your email settings:
- Click Alerts in the Navigation pane, and then click Alert Actions and Responses.
- Click the Action Providers tab.
- Click Add.
- On the Welcome page of the Alert Communications wizard, click Next.
- Select the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) provider type, type a unique name, and then click Next.
- Type the SMTP address, port number, and the number of seconds to wait before a timeout occurs.
- If the Server requires authentication, check Server requires authentication, and then type the appropriate login information for the email server.
- Type the Name and E-mail address you want to appear in the From field in alert notifications.
- To verify the connection to the SMTP server, click Test. Type the email address to send the test email, and then click OK.
- Verify that the correct recipient received the test email message, and then click OK. If the test is unsuccessful, review your settings.
- Click Finish.