The Alert Communications wizard allows you to configure email settings for sending out alert notifications using the email server available on your network.
Configure your email settings
To configure your email settings:
- Click Alerts in the Navigation pane, and then click Alert Actions and Responses.
- Click the Action Providers tab.
- Click Add.
- On the Welcome page of the Alert Communications wizard, click Next.
- Select the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) provider type, type a unique name, and then click Next.
- Type the SMTP address, port number, and the number of seconds to wait before a timeout occurs.
- If the Server requires authentication, check Server requires authentication, and then type the appropriate login information for the email server.
- Type the Name and E-mail address you want to appear in the From field in alert notifications.
- To verify the connection to the SMTP server, click Test. Type the email address to send the test email, and then click OK.
- Verify that the correct recipient received the test email message, and then click OK. If the test is unsuccessful, review your settings.
- Click Finish.