What's New in ER/Studio Data Architect 19.1.x
For the new features and fixed issues in the latest version of ER/Studio Data Architect, see What's New.
|Random Access Memory (RAM)|
|Storage Disk Space|
Microsoft Windows (64-bit)
Repository (ER/Studio Data Architect Professional only)
The Repository for ER/Studio Data Architect Professional is packaged with ER/Studio Team Server and must be installed on a separate server. For more information about ER/Studio Team Server, see ER/Studio Team Server Technical Specifications.
Database Platform Support
ER/Studio Data Architect can reverse and forward engineer data assets to document and design them. The following database platforms are supported.
- Platforms marked with S can be selected for a single-platform license purchase.
- Platforms marked with M are available in our multi-platform license pack.
- Platforms marked with A are available in all packs.
As standard, we include the reverse engineering from database and forward engineering of data definition language (DDL). Our core products also import from a SQL file and feature ALTER script generation from our compare and merge wizard.
|Amazon Redshift||n/a||S M||Yes|
|IBM Db2 for iSeries||M|
|IBM Db2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows (LUW)||S M||Yes|
|IBM Db2 for z/OS||S M||Yes|
|IBM Db2 Common Server||n/a||M|
|IBM Informix OnLine and SE||n/a||M|
|IBM Informix Dynamic Server||M|
|Microsoft Azure SQL Database||S M||Yes|
|Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics||S M||Yes|
|Microsoft SQL Server and |
Microsoft SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machine (VM)
|Microsoft Visual FoxPro||A|
|Oracle Database||S M||Yes|
|SAP Adaptive Server Anywhere (ASA)||M|
|SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)||S M||Yes|
ER/Studio Data Architect includes a subset of MetaWizard import bridges to access files from common modeling tools.
ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition includes the full list of MetaWizard import and export bridges that can import metadata from a wide range of technologies such as databases, data lake structures, flat files, business intelligence (BI), and data movement (ETL) tools.
- Adds support for multiple Oracle 12c and later features
- Adds support for multiple Oracle 11g and later features
- Supports additional features for SQL Server Temporal Tables
- Supports additional features for SQL Server In-Memory Optimized Tables
- Allows users to switch between open files
- Adds the Universal Mappings button to the Repository ribbon
- Adds the Diagram Properties button to the Model ribbon
- Adds quotation marks to the Field Names when generating the database JSON
- Supports Azure Active Directory Password authentication method
- Allows users to log in to Team Server when logging into Repository
- Allows users to relate Business Terms with ER Objects
- Supports the 'where' clause for SQL Server and Azure SQL DB filtered index
- Supports the ‘Columnstore’ indexes for SQL Server 2012
- Supports Spatial Indexes for SQL Server and Azure SQL DB
- Allows users to define table and index compression for SQL Server
- Allows users to model temporal tables in SQL Server
- Supports extended properties for SQL Server Tables and Columns
- Supports SQL Server 2019
- Adds tolerance support for MySQL 8.0
- Allows users to generate MongoDB model output as plain JSON
- Supports Azure Synapse Analytics
- Supports Inheritance Relationships for PostgreSQL
- Allows TLS between Data Architect and Repository
- Supports WITH CTE for SQL Server 2005+, Azure SQL DB, and Azure Synapse Analytics