The Job Trends view allows you to explore the most important job trends of your environment. According to your requirements, you can choose different job trend chart types, trend durations, and filters.
How do you specify the Job Trend type?
On the the left section of the Job Trends view, you can select any of the following trending charts from the Job Trend Type drop-down options:
Click the respective job trend chart type to view more information about this trend.
How do you select the trend duration?
The Trend Duration drop-down options allow you to choose if you want to see job trend type information per Day, Week, Month, or Year. For example, you can select to see Most Frequent jobs of the week. For any of these options, SQL Enterprise Job Manager displays the following information:
- Day - job trends based on the job duration collected over the past 24 hours and forecasts for the next 24 hours.
- Week - job trends based on the job duration collected over the past 7 days and forecasts for the next 7 days.
- Month - job trends based on the job duration collected over the past 30 days and forecasts for the next 30 days.
- Year - job trends based on the job duration collected over the past 12 months and forecasts for the next 12 months.
How do you filter the information on the Job Trends tab?
After you select the time range for which you want to see the information, you can filter your information according to the following fields:
- Instance - select the instances for which you want to see the job trend information.
- Job Name - select specific jobs to be displayed in the trending information.
- Category - choose specific job categories for which you want to see the trend information.
- Duration -use the sliders to determine a specific duration interval that jobs must comply in order to be displayed on the trending information.
When using filters take into account:
- Some filters have the option to Add Filter in case the information you are looking for is not listed. Once you click on Add Filter, a dialog box appears. Type the name you are looking for on the Search bar, then select it from the list, and Save. Your filter will be included under the filter list where you Added.
- Click the respective checkbox to add or remove your selections.
- If you want to select filters first and apply the changes later, deselect the Apply Filter Instantly option.
- To remove filters, use the specific Clear Filter option in each filter. For example, if you want to remove your Instance filters, click Clear Filter under the same filter section.
- Under Applied filters on the top section of your Job Trends view, you can see the filters you have selected. Click the X icon next to the ones you want to remove.
- Use the option Clear All Filters on the top section of the Filter Table By to remove all filters.
- If you want to save your preferred filtering options, type a name in the Add Filter wizard of the Custom Filter section, and click Save. Once you save your filter, you can retrieve it from the drop-down bottom of the Custom Filter option available in the left side under the Filter Table By section.
What other options are available on the Job Trend Chart?
You can also perform the following actions:
- Hide trend lines - select the option Hide Trend Lines located on the top left corner of the Job Trend chart to hide trend lines (dotted lines) and view only historical data (hard lines).
- Search Jobs - to search your jobs, use the searcher located on the top right corner of the Job Trend chart.
- Print chart - if you want to print the displayed chart, select the Print Chart option by clicking the icon on the bottom right corner of the Job Trend chart.
- Download chart - you can download your Job Trend chart as a PNG, JPEG image file, PDF document, or SVG vector file. Find these options under the icon located on the bottom right corner of the Job Trend chart chart.
- View By - select the jobs (monitored jobs, job trends, job chains, tasks, job history, or task history) you would like to see.
- Refresh - to get the latest information, click the Refresh icon located on the right corner of the View By section.
You can hover over a specific job on the graphic to see job details such as: date, name, instance and status.