SQL Safe Backup provides the following new features and fixed issues.
8.7.2 New Features
Amazon S3 Cloud
- The StorageClass parameter is now available when backing up to Amazon S3 Cloud (AWS S3).
SQL Safe Repository
- Users can now record the cluster details in the SQL Safe Repository.
8.7.2 Fixed Issues
- SQLSAFE-14448 Backup and Restore operations are allowed on Azure File storage and Azure Blob storage.
Backup / Restore
- SQLSAFE-13991 Backup and Restore operations of a database from an Untrusted Domain server are successful.
- SQLSAFE-14381 Backup and Restore operations are allowed from Untrusted Domains.
- SQLSAFE-14559 Backup and Restore operations are working properly on the Amazon S3 cloud.
- SQLSAFE-14296 Restore Policies are working properly through CLI commands for backups in the Amazon S3 cloud.
- SQLSAFE-13868 Restore Hydration operations can be canceled on the Management Console.
- SQLSAFE-14268 The Management Service is working properly.
Object Level Recovery
- SQLSAFE-14425 Reference objects are included in Object Level Recovery operations.
- SQLSAFE-14196 Backup and Restore policies are working properly for the Azure cloud.
- SQLSAFE-14255 SQL Safe detects when a policy is out of sync.
- SQLSAFE-14265 The Restore Again option is assigning properly the new path location.
SQL Safe Agent
- SQLSAFE-14130 In untrusted domains, Windows Authentication is blocked and the SQL Safe Agent authenticates using SQL Server Authentication.
- SQLSAFE-13889 After the temporary database has been previously backed up, then the repository is upgraded successfully.
- SQLSAFE-14129 After upgrading SQL Safe Backup, the registration of the Web Console is successful.
- SQLSAFE-14626 Virtual Database operations are working properly for both local and remote instances.
8.7.1 New Features
- Extended support is now available for cloud backups and restores from Azure and Amazon S3.
- The user experience has been improved in the Desktop Console.
Object Level Recovery / Virtual Database
- The Object Level Recovery and Virtual Database functionalities are now refined and reinforced.
8.7.1 Fixed Issues
- SQLSAFE-14526 Backup files are now deleted from the temporary download location while performing a
- SQLSAFE-14460 Amazon S3 and Azure cloud storage performance has been improved to load large backup
- SQLSAFE-14264 SQLSAFE-14513 Restore operations from Amazon and Azure cloud storage through T-SQL
and CLI commands are now working properly.
- SQLSAFE-14132 Email notifications are sent properly now after the product upgrade.
- SQLSAFE-14544 Queued operations are now displayed correctly in the Operation Status window.
- SQLSAFE-14166 SQLSAFE-14259 SQLSAFE-14280 SQLSAFE-14500 SQLSAFE-14562 Policies performance has
Virtual Database and Object Level Recovery
- SQLSAFE-14232 Virtual Database and Object Level Recovery operations are now supported in a cluster
environment after a failover.
Make sure you set up manually the VDBMetadata directory structure before a Virtual Database operation is
attempted on an availability group environment.
8.7 New Features
Object Level Recovery
- The Object Level Recovery functionality is now available in the Desktop Console.
- Users can now copy policies in the Desktop Console.
- The Virtual Database functionality is now available in the Desktop Console.